This needs writing.
The installer is fairly self explanatory, but here is a walkthrough:
First download the latest version of the Presence installer. The URL for this can be obtained by your Presence account manager.
- Click next on the introduction screen
- Accept the Ts & Cs
- Choose an install directory (your biggest volume)
- Choose a program group for icons, etc.
- Select the "Full" install set - the top left
- Select "Main Server"
- Select Windows Service (automatic or manual) for the Remote Program Call server and the Heartbeat Server
- Click Install
- Click yes to configure the security options in the database (this will allow you to configure the username / password for the database and initial admin account, backup directory and administrative contact email address)
- Select the license key location (assuming you're installing it on the same machine)
- Run the services suggested in the order provided.
After that you should be able to launch the administration client:
Start > Programs > Presence Viii > Administration > Presence Admin Console