LDAP Resources contain information about your LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) compliant directory server - for example Microsoft Active Directory. For use with the LDAP Query Node.
Creating a new LDAP Resource
To create a new LDAP Resource, click on the "LDAP Resource" Icon by the Resource Explorer and then right click on the category that you wish to create the Resource in. Select "Create New > LDAP Resource" from the pop-up menu.
The LDAP Resource Editor
If you are unsure of any options please refer to your directory server administrator.
- Name : A descriptive and short name for this configuration
- Username : The account username
- Password : The account password
- Server Host : The hostname (or IP address) of the server you wish to connect to.
- Root : The branch of the LDAP tree that you want to start searching from (leave this blank if you want to search from the directory root).
- Class : The Java class that handles the protocol details - usually this is "com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory".
- Server Port : The port on which the server socket listens for connections - typically 389.
This allows you to test your connection. Click the "Test" button to view progress information in the text area.
Once you have created an LDAP resource it will be available for use in the LDAP Query editor.
Resources > LDAP Resource
|FTP Connections | Database Resource | SMTP Servers | POP / IMAP Mail Accounts|