Web Application Creation Tutorial
This document describes the processes needed to create and deploy a Presence Web Application.
For this tutorial you will need to install and run a Servlet Engine such as Tomcat:
Part one: Task Creation
For this example we will create a simple application that asks the user's name and then returns some information about the name. For this we will need two Tasks which:
- Display a page requesting the user's name
- Display a page showing information about the user's name
In a real world example both of these pages could be generated by a single Task, but we want to demonstrate multiple Tasks being used by a Web Application.
- Create a new Category called "Name Analysis"
- Create a new Task in the Category called "Request Name"
- Create a new Task in the Category called "Analyse Name"
The Tasks can be downloaded from here. Go ahead and import them into Presence.